Note [25/07/2012 - This Position has been filled. Thank you everyone for your interest]
We are still looking for the right candidate for this position – if you have the qualifications and feel like you would fit into the team please apply at the email below.
Office Admin / Assistant / Bookkeeper
Are you a tamer of chaos? Discotoast Inc. is looking for a book keeper / administrative assistant. The ideal candidate would be someone with strong organization and communication skills who can take initiative and once trained need little in terms of direction. Ideally as a younger company we are looking with someone who is flexible enough to learn and adapt to new challenges and can grow with the company and assume more responsibility as time goes on.
Assistant to Operating Manager. The candidate will start with a number of these responsibilities and as experience and comfort level rise will be given additional tasks.
In general the Administrative Assistant is responsible for :
• all bookkeeping and data entry
• daily data entry of A/R and A/P
• manage daily cash flow and bank reconciliation
• payroll, HST and other tax returns
• month end and quarterly reporting to Operations Manager
• work with accountant to prepare year end
• create invoices and follow up to ensure prompt payment
• pay our monthly bills in timely manner
• prepare monthly and quarterly statements and report to Operations Manager
• checking mail
• answering calls (while in) and taking messages
• generally keeping everything organized and on track
• responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable
• general office duties such as bank deposits, mail and answering general inquiry calls
• other miscellaneous administrative and organizational tasks
• CRITICAL – must have bookkeeping certification or equivalent experience including
• experience with Quickbooks
• experience with Bank Reconciliation, Balancing, Payroll, HST and other tasks
• must have experience using office related software (word, excel, outlook)
• general internet savvy an asset
• patience and strong organizational skills required
• knowledge of Harvest Time Tracking a benefit
• cheerful disposition
• independent learner
• knowledge of the graphic / web design industry a bonus
The position will initially be part-time during training / probation while getting up to speed. The position will grow to full time as the candidate’s comfort with the position increases. Pay negotiable based on experience. If you think you are the perfect candidate for this job please email a resume and cover letter . Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.